Job Ref: 14168128
£600 to £700 per day (Inside IR35)
Bracknell – 1-2 days a week (rest remote)
CVM People are proud to be partnering with one of the biggest names in UK retail as we search for an Infrastructure Lead for a 6 month contract. As the Infrastructure Lead you’ll be covering key Platform towers, including Data Centre Hosting, VMware, Storage, and Backup.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and proactive individual to support the team in leading these technology towers, and to continue delivering secure, robust, stable and performant solutions.
If you’re passionate about infrastructure and transformation, if you thrive and perform in a fast-paced, high-demand environment, and if you take satisfaction in driving results through others, then we want to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- – Develop working relationships with key business stakeholders and build understanding of the commercial, technical, and operational landscape and business strategy
- – Be the service owner for key technology towers, in particular Data Centre Hosting, VMware,
- – Storage, Backup, Wintel, and Active Directory
- – Manage suppliers and vendors to ensure Infrastructure remains secure, stable, robust and performant.
- – Ensure that the services provided by vendors and managed service suppliers deliver against agreed SLAs, key metrics, and statements of work.
- – Use your knowledge of the end to end hosting services and an understanding of its consumption by the business to develop a forecast of demand for the service and (by extension) the vendor’s services.
- – Demonstrable experience of leading managed service providers in a complex enterprise IT environment in addition to definition of SLAs, KPI, and innovation targets.
- – Proven experience of managing high value third party contracts and having budgetary management skills, understanding of contract penalties and experience with service renewals and supporting processes.
- – A comprehensive knowledge of modern Hosted Service principles, along with proven experience of how these technologies support an enterprise business.
- – Technical experience and skills in some or all of the following areas:
- – VMware Enterprise Products
- – Microsoft Windows Server
- – Microsoft Active Directory systems and management
- – Enterprise Storage including Pure Storage
- – Enterprise Backup solutions including IBM TSM, Dell/EMC Avamar
- – Data Centre Service
01264 326 315