Job Ref: 1313628
Outside of IR35
1-2 days a week in London or Hampshire / Remote working
6 month contract
Our client is a great brand to work with, a heritage wine merchant, with offices across the world and exclusive fine wine and dining venue in London. They are currently going through a big data transformation programme, rebuilding their Azure data estate so that it can be better suited to support Business Intelligence and Marketing through the inclusion of customer data and a SCV, alongside finance and operational data sets. We are partnering with the brand to support this exciting time of change and are currently looking for an experienced Data Engineer, who can hit the ground running and support with development across an Azure / SQL Server estate and is confident in advising on best practice and solution design. If you are currently looking for a new role and would like to work as part of a smaller team where you can really add value and be part of building a new solution from scratch then please do reach out to find out more!
- Deep data management expertise, with excellent SQL design and data engineering skills.
- Familiar working with data warehouse methodologies and principles eg. Kimball, Inmon, Data Lake, Lakehouse, Dimensional modelling, data marts and data domains.
- Azure data and data warehousing experience, Data Factory, Analysis Services, SQL DB, Data Lake, Cosmos etc.
- Understand technologies and applications such as Spark, Azure Synapse, Databricks would be advantageous but not essential
- A good understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases and concepts and applications.
- Familiarity with development best practices (DevOps, source control, release management).
- A good understanding of BI needs, including data manipulation, analysis, and visualisation skills, including Microsoft Power BI.
- Strong problem-solving skills: the ability to identify innovative yet practical solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, with ability to translate for non-technical audiences, interpret requirements, and define solutions
- Knowledge of Software Integration, API connectivity, and Cloud design patterns and experience with SAP source systems and data, Azure SAP connectors would be advantageous but not essential.
If you’d like to find out more about this opportunity please get in contact with Jennifer Cozzi on Jennifer.Cozzi@cvmpeople.com