Job Ref: 1296931
Location: Basingstoke/ Hybrid (1-2 days a month in office)
CVM People are proud to be partnering with a leading name in the UK with multiple service lines including Finance, Insurance, Leisure and Lifestyle services.
We are looking for a Data Designer to join as an important part of the Data Change Delivery team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the business and other areas of IT. In this role, you will create data solution designs which can be iteratively established in an Agile framework. It is important that these designs correspond to the business and data requirements for both small and large changes to the organisations data platforms.
You will guarantee that the solutions are appropriately designed, delivered, and tested producing positive business values. You will work closely with Business Analysts and Data Analysts to decipher business requirement as well as Architects to translate superior-level design into comprehensive system requirements.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with data warehouse and business intelligence related architecture
- Previous experience in a data design role working specifically in an environment where you must provide input into data warehouse solutions design and data modelling activities.
- Experience of different data modelling paradigms, such as Kimball dimensional models and/or 3NF data modelling approached for data warehousing
- Proven experience in data modelling and data integration tools
- Knowledge of data warehouse design methodologies
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of ETL/ELT technology and tools (such as SAS or Informatica) and knowledge of cloud technologies (MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) or on-prem data warehouse solutions (Oracle, Sql Server)
- Hands on SQL experience
- Ability to understand and relay complex data-related issues in a simple and easy to understand manner
- Experience in working as part of data delivery teams using multiple delivery methodologies, incl. Agile, Hybrid Agile, Waterfall
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate, influence, inspire and motivate at all levels
- Good presentation skills
If this sounds of interest, please contact keely at email@example.com
01264 326 315